1. PAPERS Reduce snail mail that comes into the home. Declutter files and boxes of paper. Establish a filing system to eliminate unsightly paper piles.
2. CLOTHES Go through closets, drawers and storage bins. Cull the pieces that have not been worn or are no longer wanted.
3. SHOES Handle each pair of shoes and boots. Be realistic about what you wear or expect to wear some day. Get rid of the rest.
4. ACTIVITIES Re-evaluate why you are involved in each activity. Cut back on those that are no longer enjoyable or do not support personal goals.
5. PURCHASES Delay new purchases for a couple days. Be honest about whether the purchase is a need or a want. Remember, the less you have the less you have to maintain.
6. EMAILS Take time to go through the inbox. Delete unneeded emails. Unsubscribe from email lists. Set up rules that separate emails into folders automatically.
7. EXPECTATIONS Release ideas of perfectionism. Be grateful for what you have.